Sunday, December 27, 2009

~VALENTINE'S DAY EXCITEMENT~ STILL PULLING OUT STITCHES~ PRAYERS FOR A FRIEND~

~YUMMY VALENTINES~ ~THIS IS JUST A SMIDGEN' OF WHAT'S COMING~

I get so excited this time of year....with Christmas over, it's time to start getting ready for one of my favorite days, VALENTINE'S DAY. I think mostly because it has everything to do with my 2 favorite colors of PINK and RED!!!!
I'm working on the website filling it with tons of RED and PINK treasures. I will be sure to let you know when I am done. I have a funny story....I bought a whole bunch of 1900's Mechanical and Pop-Up Valentines a few years back and I tucked them away so good I couldn't find them. Well, I found them recently and tucked them away so good, I can't find them!!!! LOL...boy am I getting old. I will be busy tomorrow tearing apart the shop looking for them because they are going on the website.
PS...My second favorite thing about Valentine's Day....it's just that much closer to SPRING!!!! YIPPY SKIPPY!!!
Have a fun week, Amy
CANCER STILL SUCKS
Now....a little bit more about cancer......Yes, can you believe, I am STILL PULLING out stitches from my double mastectomy and ex-plant surgery. It's SHOCKING to say the least and yet another side effect from cancer. I have a sweet friend who emailed me a few days before Christmas to tell me she has been diagnosed with a rare form of cancer. If you can find it in your heart to say a prayer for her, it would be so greatly appreciated. She doesn't want me to say who she is, so we will just call her H.
THANKS SO MUCH!!!! ALL MY LOVE TO ALL OF YOU!!! Amy

3 comments:

The Urban Chic said...

Amy, I will gladly pray for H. Looking forward to those vintage Valentines. I need some things for a giveaway for my 400Th post, which was delayed due to Christmas and hospital visit.
I keep thinking that if I had breast cancer, I would get implants or if they can get enough fat from my body, use that. That will be a difficult decision for me. I am so glad that you are cancer free and pray it stays that way. Many wishes for a Blessed New Year. Love and Hugs, Pat

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Hi Amy,
I'm thinking about Valentine's day too!!!
I will say a prayer for your friend...
sorry to hear you are still having issues with your health.
I need to let MaryElla know that you are having a sale...I bet she would love to come.
Warmly,
Deb :)

Anita said...

I am all with you on the cancer sucks train, Amy! My stepdad is fighting a hard fight with it right now- multiple myeloma...and my poor Momma- 2nd husband of 20 years with cancer...she's such a trooper and a great caretaker...but enough already. Hang in there...it could be worse...somehow.