Monday, June 16, 2008

~SOME HAPPY NEWS~

Just a quick post to let you know the waters are receding and they are trying to get the residence back into their home. It's not going so well as people are frustrated and tired because yesterday they said they could go back into their homes, then the postponed it until today. Then LATE LAST NIGHT (I was up and it was 12:30am) a BREAKING NEWS report came in that they CALLED OFF ALL RESIDENCE being able to get into their homes......This picture is worth a thousand words.......

An angry resident that tried to drive around a security checkpoint is stopped by law enforcement. Rick Blazek, 54, was arrested a few moments later. (AP Photo)

I have to tell you, with all the NATIONAL GUARD and MINNEAPOLIS POLICE here in town, it's a bit unsettling as it feels like a war zone. I took a little drive around town yesterday and it was EXTREMELY EERIE.

BUT.....ONE A GOOD NOTE....We will get thru this and I have a HUGE PROJECT that BOB and I are working on to keep our minds off the flood. I will be announcing that GOOD NEWS Soon.....and NO I AM NOT PREGNANT!!! LOL

Hugs and Love, Amy


5 comments:

Alison Gibbs said...

That is great news Amy that the waters are receding.
How frustrating that residents can't get back into their homes. I guess you can't blame that guy for trying to get back home.The police reaction looks pretty extreme.
Alison

Connie said...

Ohmygosh, I'm soooo sorry this is happening!!!!!!! Good luck, my sweet little birdie, and take good care!!!!

Smoochies,
Connie

Judy's Vintage Collections said...

Amy, I was so glad to see you posting. I have been praying and thinking about all of you in this trouble times.
I have you listed on my blog. Everytime I come to shop at your shop what I want is sold. Wow! Your shop has been so blessed.

I will be keeping all of you in my prayers.

from the heart of Texas!
Be safe in Jesus!!!!
afriendtoyou!
Judy

Judy said...

You are so funny. You always make me laugh. The pregnancy thing didn't even enter my mind.
Hugs

The Urban Chic said...

Oh Amy, I am so glad to hear that the waters are receding and praying no more rain. The picture reminds me so much of what happened in New Orleans, except people were shot and killed. I pray for all of you and can't wait to hear about you and Bob's project. Love Ya, Pat