Saturday, July 07, 2007

~I'm HOME~

BREAST CANCER PATIENT PROTECTION ACT

There's a bill called the Breast Cancer Patient Protection Act which will require Insurance Companies to cover a minimum 48-hour hospital stay for patients undergoing a mastectomy. It's about eliminating the 'drive-through mastectomy' where women are forced to go home just a Few hours after surgery, against the wishes of their doctor, still groggy from anesthesia and sometimes with drainage tubes still attached.Lifetime Television has put this bill on their Web page with a petition drive to show your support. Last year over half the House signed on. PLEASE!! Sign the petition by clicking on the Web site below. You need not give more than your name and zip code number. http://www.lifetimetv.com/breastcancer/petition/signpetition.php


I GOT HOME FROM THE HOSPITAL late last night....I AM SOOO HAPPY TO BE HOME!!!
I am very tired and my WHITE BLOOD CELL COUNT went up to 4.6....YIPPY!!!
Still not good BUT BETTER THAN IT WAS!!! I am too weak to do my own hair so MOM braided it for me.......I LOVE as I said when she was done.....
(In my CUTE LITTLE SWEDE ACCENT)....."My name is Anna, I'm from Sweden"....and everyone laughed. BUT LOOK AT ME!!!! STILL ALL OF THAT HAIR and I AM STILL SMILING!!!


I will write more tomorrow as I really should be in bed.
My cousin Nancy sent the above information to me the day I was in the hospital and Joy also posted it in a comment on my blog...THANK YOU GIRLS!!! I have been too busy trying to stay well that I haven't been able to surf to much. I LOVE all the info everyone finds and sends to me!!!!



I AM SO BLESSED!!!! THE CARDS AND GIFTS CONTINUE TO AMAZE ME and makes me realize what a difference one person can make in someone else's life. YOUR PRAYERS, HUMOR, THOUGHTS and ENDLESS SUPPORT AND LOVE FOR ME is one I cannot even find the words for or comprehend.....I am truly humbled.....

All my love, Amy

20 comments:

a Bohemian Market said...

Hi Amy Darlin:
The cute Little Swede girl with her braids her Mom did !!!
You know I will sign the petition.
Love & Hugs
Stay in bed and rest!!!
carole

Anonymous said...

Hi Amy!
Past my bedtime, but I had to check your blog once more. So nice to see you smiling, and your Mom braiding your hair. :) I signed the petition and will pass it on. I'm sure it feels great to be in your own comfy bed...off to say a prayer for you now.

xoxo
-Nancy

The Urban Chic said...

Amy welcome home. You look so cute in your pigtails and your mom looks like she was happy to do it. Love that smile.

a Pocket Angel said...

Amy, So glad you are back home. Your voice sounded so much better. Thanks for the phone calls yesterday, what fun it was chatting with....oh you how you make me laugh!
I LOVE the photo of your and your Mama, you have her wonderful smile.
And "Anna" what beautiful thick braids you have! LOL...
I've signed the petition.
Have a great Sunday :-}~Mary~

blessings said...

Oh how I miss braids! You look so darling. Praying... -Polly

Anonymous said...

It's great to see you back home and smiling. There is no place like home, especially when Mom is around to be there for you.

MJ said...

Glad to hear you are home & having a good laugh at your braids! Whoever would have thought that would tickle your funny-bone?

Reading this post reminds me of how lucky I am to live in a country with (somewhat) universal medicare. If I had a zip code, I'd be putting my name on that petition...

Lallee said...

Love the braids! You make a very cute Swiss Miss ;-) Go rest!

ellen said...

Welcome Home! Get that rest and plenty of it.
Sending love, Ellen

~Becca~Bluebird Rose said...

Hello Anna from Sveden!
:)
Cute braids!!

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I've been offline for a while and just peeked in to check on you.
I'm so happy you're doing well. Fear is such a natural part of the whole deal.

My hair felt like straw a few days before it started falling out. When it starts to go, just cut it off, it's so much easier. I had long hair and it matted up.

Please remember to go to the sites I posted for you - especially the Young Survivors forum. The women there will give you so much support and tips. They will rally round you, if you start getting discouraged or afraid.

How did your fill go?

God is with You.

~elaine~ from SoCal

blessings said...

Amy, I know I already posted today but I came across something that I just really felt like I should pass along. When you have a moment and feel up to it, please read today's entry (1000 blessings) on my blog. And for anyone else who would like to, I encourage you to take a few minutes to read it. Not to advertise my spot in any way! Just because it has touched me
-Polly

Linda said...

I'm new to your blog and am sorry for all you have been through. I think your braids are adorable.
I signed the petition.

Anonymous said...

Hi Sweet Amy! I just read your note for tonite and several of the past weeks...and of course, I immediately signed the petition! *In honor of YOU!* You are one of the strongest women I know and your beautiful spirit shines thru your faithful smile...! Prayers are going up for you from little me in Missouri! Love you so, Missy (lildixichic now lilsunnyhoney)

Cape Cod Washashore said...

I will definitely sign that petition!!! It's the very least I can do for you, sweet girl! =)

Glad your spirits are up - they are helping you along I am sure! Plus the love of your Mom and family. This post really made me smile, too, Amy! huge & love!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Anna! Love your braids girlfriend! Love talking to you last night! You are so amazing! xo and pixie giggles to Ms. Sveeeeeden! Becky

Sharon said...

Amy....so glad you are home......no one can get proper rest in a hospital. Take care and rest.

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

Hello Miss Svedish Amy! Love your braids! You & your mother have the same lovely smile.

So glad to hear your are home now. Take care, don't overdo. So many of us continue to pray for you!!

Stephanie
Angelic Accents

Lori said...

You look good in those braids!! Enjoy Moms hands, I'm sure she is happy to be of service! Love, Lori

savvycityfarmer said...

Hugs and kissed to you girl... hang in there and claim what's yours from God's Word....
He giveth more grace when the burdens grows heavy....xoxoxoxo