Monday, January 04, 2010

~1st SAVINGS of 2010~

~WHOOOO HOOOO, ALL THIS FOR $25.60~




I went to CVS Pharmacy and to Hy-Vee Food Store today, the first time I went out couponing for the year. I came home with a huge loot and I got all of it OOP (Out Of Pocket) for $25.60 tax included.
1 gallon of Hy-Vee Milk
2 quarts of Roberts Orange Juice
2 Quarts of Edy's Ice Cream
2 bags of M&M's
1 bag of CVS brand Shortbread Cookies
2 Large bags of Doritos
2 Tubes of Colgate Total Toothpaste
5 Therma-care Wrist/Neck Wraps
4 Large Jacks Pizzas
1 Clorox Bleach
1 2x All 32 loads Laundry Detergent
2 Bottles of Garnier Hair Conditioner
2 Bottles of Head n Shoulders Shampoo (the biggest bottle they sell)
2 Bottles of Pantene Conditioner (the biggest bottles they sell)
2 GE Energy Smart Light Bulbs
WHAT DID I SAVE YOU ASK.....DRUM ROLL PLEASE....$106.46
but that's not all....
I received $21.00 BACK in CVS BUCKS to use on my next shopping trip.
Tomorrow is TARGET and WAL-GREENS.....boy oh boy, this is so much fun!!!!
(some of you asked what I am doing with the savings.....still paying cancer medical bills and a NEW Dental bill, but I am getting new teeth....YIPPY, I will be able to eat cereal and meat again!!!!)
Love and Hugs, Amy

(PS....My hubby would say, "So technically you paid out $25.60, got $21.00 back in CVS Bucks so really you only paid $4.60 for all this stuff." I say no, because I look at the OOP (Out Of Pocket) cost and I will ROLL OVER the $21.00 on my next shopping trip, it really only takes $20 to $40 to begin rolling the savings at Wal-greens and CVS)

7 comments:

a Pocket Angel said...

Amy, Oh my gosh Wow! Wow! Wow! What else can I say.. You are really good at saying lots of money. Way to go girl!!
Enjoy :-}
Hugs ~Mary~

Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage said...

Great job Amy :)~:) It's so fun. I have not safed like that yet but hope to someday.
Ginger

Andrea at My Feathered Nest said...

those are fabulous deals. My son works at CVS and I love their deals . Many times they have a things for 90% off in tubs in the front of the store. I've gotten lots of makeup, toiletries, etc. this way. I love couponing and finding clearance bargains. What fun!!!!

Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage said...

I need to learn how to do this at CVS and Walgreens. I will come back and try to learn as you go. I guess like you said I need at least $20.00-$40.00 to get started on the coupons for both of these stores.
Thank-you again Amy,
Ginger

{Bellamere Cottage} said...

A girlie after my own heart........I LOVE doing this. They were giving away thirty dollar gift cards at my pharmacy for a transferred prescription...........with all of the coupons and rebates I actually got nearly ninety dollars worth of good stuff with my thirty dollars........I was THRILLED.

Warm blessings,
Spencer

Anita said...

AMY- Your inspiration is working. Last week I went to Walgreen's- only got stuff we use- face stuff, makeup, nylons, etc- I used your coupon site links, and I got $62.17 for $21.34!!!! My 13 year old was embarassed but intrigued....I am keeping track and plan on transferring the savings each time into my savings account. We'll see how that goes.

Thanks-

Anita

luverlie said...

HOW do you do this? I have a CVS and Walgreen's near me. Also a Save a Lot...Target, Walmart..oh and a Kmart across the river. I so want to do the coupon thingie, but haven't a clue. Is there a web site?

I read on a blog somewhere (can't find it now) that there is a 'trick' to how you use the coupons .

I've been out of work for over 6 months and no unemployment so really need to learn how to do this.

Thanks for listening to my whining.

Congratulations on the savings. Love your blog. I have it bookmarked now. I'll be back often.
luverlie@gmail.com